You can feel the gears grinding, trying to turn this attempt at film noir into something sleek and insinuating, instead of the labored near miss it turns out to be. Jack Nicholson is a Florida wine merchant whose business isn't as good as he has his unhappy wife (Judy Davis) believe. He's also consistently at odds with his churlish stepson (Stephen Dorff). Meanwhile, Nicholson is plotting to steal an expensive diamond necklace and dump his wife, aided by his mistress (Jennifer Lopez) and a sleazy safecracker (Michael Caine). It's the kind of thing James M. Cain used to toss off effortlessly, but in director Bob Rafelson's hands the strain shows at every seam as crime and romantic treachery put all of the characters on a violent collision course.
- Commentary with Bob Rafelson
- Scene Specific Commentary with Jack Nicholson, Steven Dorf and Michael Caine
- Making of Featurette: Genesis & The Characters
- The Job of Acting: On Jack Nicholson, On Michael Caine, & On Bob Rafelson
- Bob and Jack: A Life-Long Dialogue
- Deleted Scenes: Introduction by Director Bob Rafelson, Jason and Alex Drive, Alex Lying on the Floor.
- Smelling of the Sea, In a Coma, Poker Game, Boat at Anchor, Finding Jason, Phone Call, & Screaming at the Sky
- Theatrical Trailer
- Black Widow Trailer
1 - USA and Canada (NTSC)
Jack Nicholson, Michael Caine, Stephen Dorff, Jennifer Lopez, Judy Davis
English, French, Spanish