Starring Tom Baker as the Doctor The TARDIS arrives on an apparently deserted and deactivated space station Nerva, otherwise known as the Ark, orbiting Earth in the far future. There the Doctor, Sarah and Harry discover the last survivors of the human race held in suspended animation, Earth having been evacuated thousands of years earlier when solar flares threatened to destroy all life. The station has been visited by Wirrn, an insect life form, which has laid its eggs in the solar stacks and absorbed the mind and body of one of the sleeping humans. The Doctor's reactivation of the station's systems causes the humans to start to revive.
- Commentary by Tom Baker, Elizabeth Sladen & Philip Hinchcliffe
- Original BBC 1 Trailer and News Report
- Interview with Designer Roger Murray-Leach
- Unused Title Sequence and 16mm Model Footage
2 - Europe (PAL), Japan (NTSC), South Africa, Middle East
Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Ian Marter, Kenton Moore, Nick Hobbs, Richardson Morgan & Wendy Williams
- English for the hearing impaired