In a world of gangs and villains, one man - Moon - will stop at nothing to get the girl and take the spoils. Pete Walker's affectionate low-budget homage to the gangster thriller is packed with sights and sounds from a Britain about to swing out of the Sixties and into a somewhat less optimistic decade.
Starring Hammer girls Luan Peters (Lust for a Vampire, Twins of Evil) and Virginia Wetherell (Doctor Jekyll & Sister Hyde, Demons of the Mind), Man of Violence offers not only rare glimpses of a world gone by, but also some unexpected twists on generic convention.
Presented here in a stunning new High Definition transfer from the original negative, this release also includes The Big Switch (aka Strip Poker), Pete Walker's pulp thriller whose cinematic shoot-out was filmed on Brighton's now destroyed West Pier.
- The Big Switch (aka Strip Poker) (1968, 65 mins)
- Dual Format Edition: includes both the Blu-ray and the DVD of the film and the extras
- Newly transferred to High Definition from the original negatives
- The Big Switch: Alternative export cut (1968, 77 mins)
- Original trailers for Man of Violence and The Big Switch
- Alternative Moon title-card
- Extensive illustrated booklet featuring newly commissioned contributions from Pete Walker, novelist Cathi Unsworth, producer and critic David McGillivray, and film historian Julian Petley
2 - Europe (PAL), Japan (NTSC), South Africa, Middle East
Michael Latimer, Luan Peters, Derek Aylward, Maurice Kaufmann, Derek Francis, Kenneth Hendel, George Belbin, Syd Conabere, Erika Raffael, Virginia Wetherell, John Keston, Jessica Spencer, Mark Allington, Sheila Babbage, Patrick Jordan
- English for the hearing impaired